Friday 30 April 2010

My makeup/beauty storage

The other day I went to Matalan with my mum to have a look about and I was surprised to find that the home range is quite nice! They've hooked up with Lawrence Lwellyn something... (the guy from Changing Homes...? Remember him??!) and he's designed a few affordable decor pieces. Now, there were two things that immediately caught my eye, one being a black jagged cup and the other a matching ice bucket thingy (sorry, i'm really bad with the names of things!). I really liked that it looks so unique and weird (it's got that boudoir glam thing going on) and it goes really well with the rest of my bedroom furniture. 
Of course I didn't actually buy it to put ice in - it's my little storage area for everyday essentials that I use regularly... as you can see from looking inside, it's quite big and fits a lot of stuff!


The cup is great for storing pens, combs, brushes, etc

In case anyone is interested here's a brief guide to how I store the rest of my stuff....

These little baskets are great for separating your stuff into categories (lashes, samples, hair stuff, etc). 

I got this vanity box from Argos and I use it to store most of my makeup. (I'd show you guys how it looks inside but it's sooo messy!). The only problem is that it doesn't fit much stuff in.


This little box was on sale in WH Smiths for 75p so I immediately picked it up, even though I had no use for it at the time. Now it's become home to my nail varnishes... I really wish I'd bought more of them!  

Finally, this little drawer is where the rest of my stuff live. Usually I cram whatever I'm not using in here and it gets forgotten :-S

So that's my makeup and beauty storage. It's nothing spectacular but it works for me. If anyone has any clever/unique storage solutions please let me know because i'm always looking for new places to store my stuff!

Sami xx

No comments:

Post a Comment