Wednesday 21 April 2010

Jai Ho Inspired Makeup Look

I know the song is old but I absolutely LOVED Nicole Scherzinger's makeup/outfits in the Jai Ho video so, during a boring afternoon I thought I'd recreate the makeup look, as you do...

Now, I'm not attempting to be like Nicole Scherzinger in any way (I realise she is way hotter and so my look is just a version from the vid!) But I'm sure you get the overall idea - lots of pink, bold eyes, bindi, etc....


Here's how to get the look:

Face: Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Barcelona all over face. Barry M Blusher in Pink Orchid over the cheekbones. Ruby & Millie Bronzer below cheekbones as a contour and Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick on the top of the cheekbones as a highlight.

Eyes: Urban Decay Sin Primer Potion all over eyelids. Dark brown eyeshadow from Too Faced used to define and thicken eyebrows. Too Faced eyeshadow in Velvet Revolver all over eyelids (the Sin primer makes the colour come out really intense!) Gosh Liquid Eyeliner over the top lashline and slightly flicked out at the ends. Shu Uemura Gel Liner over the lower lashline (apply it quite thickly for a more intense look). Finish with  two coats of mascara (I forgot which one I used :-S) or you could apply falsies (I wasn't bothered). Add highlight to the eyebrows with Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick.

Lips: Mac Lipstick in Girl About Town lightly applied on lips (like a stained effect) and Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Gloss for a fuller pout!

Extras: If you want to go for a more Asian/Eastern look add a Bindi!  

3 comments:

  1. cute!! u did a really good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way you did your eyes suits you a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls :-) I quite like lighter eyeshadows @ the moment... it feels more summery and fresh! xx

    ReplyDelete