Sunday 11 April 2010

Product Rave: Crown Brushes... and a little something....

During my trip to The Vitality Show I came across a stall selling Crown Brushes. Now, I don't know if anyone's heard of them before but they are a small family owned company that sell makeup brushes and eyeshadow/blusher palettes. What caught my eye is that they had LOADS of brushes in different stages, so there was the Badger range (the high-end range) and then lower down there were the Basic range. What also caught my eye was the amazing prices! Compared to MAC or Ruby and Millie these brushes were good quality AND affordable.

Here are the two I got:

The Mini Oval Smudger
This brush is really great for creating a highlight on the tearduct and lower waterline

Not sure what this one is called but it's basically a larger version of the previous brush and I use it to contour the crease on my eyelid and create a smoky effect 

Really sorry for the poor description and lack of info but the website is not very helpful. You can't zoom in much so I couldn't really tell which ones I got :- S
Mine were from the Luna range and cost about £2 - 3. I really regret getting only two because they were such a bargain and if you order online they charge you £5.49 :- (
If anyone has ordered from them online please let me know about your experience as I'm thinking of getting a few more things from them.... Sami xx

P.S. Makeup addicts HAVE to check this out:

Professional 88 Palette 01, £27.49

Can you believe that this little beauty only costs £27.49?!! I don't know how well pigmented the shadows are but if you're looking to learn about makeup and techniques I think this is a really good investment as a starter kit. I'm still pondering over whether I should get one... Sami xx

*Crown brushes and makeup palettes can be purchased online at www.crownbrush.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. I've heard some great stuff about Crwn Brushes. They're meant to be great. How are you finding your ones??

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely - so soft and easy to use. I don't really like spending a lot on brushes so this was perfect... but they don't stock them in shops, which can be annoying!!

    ReplyDelete