Wednesday 28 July 2010

Another Naughty Haul

I went shopping. In Selfridges. And as usual I went overboard. Here's what I got:


Dior Amber Diamond Compact: I'm not sure why I brought this because it is very, very similar to By Candlelight MSF but I felt I needed something 'Dior' and this jumped out to me. It creates a lovely highlight on my cheekbones and the colours, when swirled together, create an amazing bronzy glow. I'll do a seperate post with pics soon to show you what I mean :- )

MAC Face & Body Paint: A makeup artist recommended this to me a few years ago but I was too seduced by the hype over Nars Sheerglow and MAC Studio Sculpt to check it out. Then I started seeing rave reviews about it on Lollipop26 and Bubblegarm and so of course I HAD to get it. I haven't been using it enough to give a proper review but what I can say for now is that it is wonderful on dry skin!

D&G 3 L'Imperatrice: My friend introduced me to this perfume and it was love at first smell. The bottle is a huuuuuuge 100ml but that hasn't stopped me from lugging it around in my bag! It has a lovely peachy floral scent that reminds me of sweets and for £35 it's great value for money. I haven't been able to stop sniffing it.

MAC MSF in By Candlelight: This was part of the In the Groove collection and although it didn't initially jump out to me I swatched it on my hand and was sold. It has this really fine light gold shimmer running through it that looks gorgeous in the sunlight... Look out for a review and pics.

I am suffering from buyers remorse a little because I didn't really need these things (well apart from the foundation - I really needed that...) but after seeing how glowy my face looked a la By Candlelight MSF I feel a little better! What are your guilty pleasures?

Sami x

8 comments:

  1. I'm thinking of getting that MAC foundation as well. I prefer ordering online but don't wanna risk getting the wrong shade. What shade are you for the studio sculpt and face and body foundations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's probably easier to order online as the MAC counters are always crazy busy! I'm NC42 for Studio Sculpt and C4 (I think!) for Face & Body... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really want mac face and body as well - i've got dry skin but ive heard it dries out quickly? who knows? depends how you store it i guess...anyway great haul!! i love sweet smelling perfume.. so i will definitely be checking that out =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her Rosha - I've only had it for a week so I don't know if it will dry up... the consistency is quite runny and watery so I can't imagine that it would. Let me know if you like the perfume! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Dior palette is supposed to be brilliant. Can't wait to see a review on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah I want everything :)

    really lovely blog :)

    cheers, Jesa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Jesa! xx

    I do love the Dior palette... purely because it's DIOR.... But MAC MSF By Candlelight, in my opinion, is sooo much better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ive seen this perfume allot ,, and been wanting it ,, just never did ,, =)

    also the face and body foundation ..

    thx for stopping by my blog ,, and ramadan mubarak to u too =)

    ReplyDelete