Wednesday 27 October 2010

Weekend of Weddings

Last weekend was packed with bridal parties and weddings so I thought I'd share my hair, makeup and outfits. To those of you who aren't familiar with Asian weddings, they're usually very bright and flamboyant! 

Mehndi Night
The bride hosts a Mehndi party (where her hand is decorated with henna patterns) a few nights before the wedding. 

The Wedding

Wearing: A white sari with antique gold detailing

Hair & Makeup: I used MAC's Tan Pigment on the eyes and MAC By Candlelight MSF as an iridescent highlight. for the hair I tonged it all over and then backcombed the crown.



Loving: Sarah false lashes from the Eylure Girls Aloud collection :)

The bride in a bright red embellished sari... Her makeup looked amazing but I couldn't get a close up... sorry!

So as you can see I've had a very busy weekend, but it was loads of fun! I love Asian weddings because I can go a little crazy with my hair and makeup lol

Anyone else love weddings as much as me?!!
Sami xx

PS Outfit fail of the night: Not only was it impossible to walk in my sari, the Bride's sisters all wore the EXACT same colour as me... so much for standing out eh?! 

6 comments:

  1. That white sari is absolutely stunning!! :)

    Kaushal xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the sari! and yess weddings are just sooo fun I love doing my cousins makeup =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww wow mashallah ,, u look so pretty <3
    loved the oink with the green ,,
    and u look super in white too <3 ,, lovely pics
    thx for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your outfits for both occasions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You beautiful girl! Loving both the outfits but the white sari is my fave look!

    Leia

    ReplyDelete