Sunday 24 October 2010

MAC Venomous Villians haul.... finally!

I know I am hideously late on the MAC Venomous Villains collection but I did pick up some things a few weeks ago... Instead of going for the lipsticks I thought I'd try something different and ended up with some lip glosses instead!

I still haven't thrown out the lovely packaging!

Briar Rose Beauty Powder
A cool pink powder blush thing (what exactly IS a beauty powder?!) that you can swirl over the face with a large brush. The colour is subtle, yet very pretty, and it gave me a nice glow - I think this works great in the morning when you need your skin to perk up.

Hot House & Revenge is Sweet Lip Glass
Revenge is Sweet - this has a lovely subtle pink sheen to it, which you can layer over lipsticks or wear on its own. I've worn this one a lot to work and it has that 'your lips but glossier AND better' effect. My lips are quite pigmented so I usually use a nude lipliner before applying it.

Hot House - I think the pic says it all! It's a juicy dark pink with a fine thread of glitter running through it to give it that extra gloss. It also made my lips look HUGE, which is weird because darker colours usually have a slimming effect. A beautifooool colour that'd work well for a glamorous/sexy look :) 

What did you guys think of the Venomous Villians collection - inspired... or tacky?! 

Sami xx

3 comments:

  1. wow great haul! i'm loving the two lipglosses - hot pink looks great on your lips :)

    i havent bought anything from that collection - im more into clothes at the moment and i find the MAC Customer service so crappy so I try to avoid going there (sorry for the rant lol ) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of beauty powders as large blushes. I didn't get anything from this collection because nothing really stood out and I'm not a fan of the packaging xx

    ReplyDelete