Tuesday 8 June 2010

Top 6 Pink Lippies

If you're not a fan of pink lipstick then I'd suggest you avert your eyes because this post is all about my loooooove for the colour pink and lippies! These are my favourites at the moment:




YSL ROUGE VOLUPTE 6
I've mentioned this lippy in a previous post so I don't need to say much - just that it is amaaazingly moisturising and smells lush!! I love the bubblegum pink colour it gives my lips too

MAC GIRL ABOUT TOWN
The go-to lipstick for a glamorous night out. I heard so many lovely things about this so I had to try it out myself. It's an Amplified Creme so the colour is very, very bright and so creamy that it glides on effortlessly 


YSL ROUGE VOLUPTE 9
The colour on this one is a lot easier to wear than number 6. It's a really bright fuchsia pink that can be worn during the day and on a night out

RIMMEL IN FUNTIME FUCHSIA
This is probably the darkest, richest pink I've ever worn! It borders on a deep pink/cherry red colour and is very striking - you've got to have guts to pull it off!

MAC PINK NOUVEAU 
This lippy doesn't need an introduction does it?! Any beautinista worth her salt will know about this iconic lipstick. I was a bit deceived though - the colour looks like a bright Barbie pink but comes out a lot lighter when I wear it. And because my skin is quite dark it leaves me looking a bit washed out :-( It's a shame because I love it so much

RIMMEL FLIRTY
A cute pink that comes out quite sheer. I had to apply it 4-5 times to get the true colour, which is a lovely sparkly candy pink. The consistency isn't quite as creamy and smooth as MAC or YSL but it still does a good job in keeping my lips soft - and the colour stays on for ages

I recently brought another pink lippy (when will i learn?!!???) but haven't really played around with it enough to put it in my Top 6. I'm also still trying to get hold of MAC's Wild Orchid but it's only available in Pro stores and I can't be bothered to go all the way to Westfield shopping centre for one lippy. I might get it online... Any recommendations??! 

Nehus hoped you enjoyed : - )

Sami xx

4 comments:

  1. I love the first 3 :)
    I shall be getting my mitts on MAC Pink Nouveau soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeahh - they are more wearable, esp for daytime... I love Pink Nouveau and think it would really suit you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, lipsticks. I love them! I love the Rimmel flirty one. I am so bad when it comes to lipsticks: they never stay on! Any advice?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sherin... I find that my MAC lippies stay on foreverrr... I wore Girl About Town one night and it stayed on 'til I got home. Another trick I learnt from a makeup is to apply lipbalm about 10-15 mins before you put on lipstick otherwise it will slip off... try that and let me know if it works! xx

    ReplyDelete