Friday 11 June 2010

New: OPI Nail Laquer Swiss Collection

Sooooo earlier this week I attended the OPI A/W Press Launch in the swish Absolute Ice Bar. For anyone not familiar with OPI (shame on you!) it's a super-glam nail varnish range that has EVERY nail colour under the sun. 


There were mini manis available @ the event and I was fortunate enough to get mine done by Lena White's daughter! She was lovely and gave me some great advice on nail care... here are a few pearls....

  • When applying nail varnish, use a base coat to avoid bright/dark colours staining your nails
  • A glass nail file gives a smoother, softer finish than a standard one
  • Bright nail colours will transform even the most boring outfit
  • Always get acrylic nails professionally taken off to avoid damaging them 


The new collection was themed around the idea of the Swiss Alps, snowy nights, cabin breaks and ski holidays - very cosy! The colours included rich berry reds, maroons, aubergines, emeralds and jewel-toned blues.

OPI A/W Swiss Collection

To be honest I'm not really a fan of dark, moody colours like these but there were a few that stood out to me.

Here are the ones that I got:

                              
 (From left to right: Cuckoo For This Colour, So Hot It Berns, Glitzerland)

I haven't tried the first two colours out yet because I'm rocking Glitzerland - and it hasn't budged or chipped for five days now! Cuckoo For This Colour is a bit too dark for my liking so I might give it away as a gift but I'm soooo excited to try So Hot It Berns! It's a really warm, bright red, which I think will look fab on my toes. 

And as for Glitzerland...


Can you say bliiiiiiiiiiing?!! This pic is doing it no justice because in real life it looks like I've dipped my nails into gold. It kind of resembles the Minx manicures that are becoming really popular with celebs - only they cost more. Mmmmm I think this is going to become my fav nail varnish of all time...

OPI Nail Laquers are quite pricey though, so I'd only consider buying them as an indulgent treat or for a spesh occasion (Glitzerland is perfect for weddings, parties, everything!) 

I'll do a seperate post for So Hot It Berns sooon.

Sami xx


OPI Nail Laquers retails at £9.95 each, available at www.lenawhite.co.uk
The Swiss Collection will be available in August.
I was given these three nail laquers but this doesn't affect my views

3 comments:

  1. I need a new nailpolish!! That gold one looks pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is the most gorgeous colour ever Leia! I can't wait to try the red one x

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Dipped my nails in gold' - love it

    ReplyDelete