Tuesday 22 June 2010

Clinique Take off the Day Cleansing Balm

I'm a BIG Clinique fan so when I heard all these good things about their cleansing balm I got very excited... My Shu Uemura samples had just run out and I wanted to try something different. 

The cleansing balm is really simple to use. You basically massage it on to a damp face and it 'melts' away  all your makeup, including eye makeup. Now, the first few times I used it my eyes stung a bit... I brushed it off, assuming that they just needed to adjust to a new product. 

Then last night I decided to use it because I had been wearing a lot of mascara and needed something strong to take it off. BIG MISTAKE. My eyes became soooo red and sore I couldn't even blink! To be fair my eyes are a bit sensitive and sting when I get shampoo or soap on them (and my hayfever gets really bad this time of year), but this was like nothing I had experienced before. It actually felt like someone had poured acid into my eyes :- |

About 50 cold rinses later my eyes felt a bit better... but I'm confused as to why my eyes reacted so badly to it  :-S Has anyone else ever had a bad reaction to a beauty product?

I'm on the look out for another cleanser/makeup remover - one that's more gentle and keeps my skin moisturised.... so suggestions would be great :- )

Sami x

Here is a picture to make this post more interesting:

1 comment:

  1. oh really? I'm going to look into that then... I've used their skincare range b4, just the makeup xx

    ReplyDelete