Sunday 7 March 2010

Random Rant

Why are sales assistants at beauty counters so rude?!?!

The other day I was at the Shu Uemura counter at Selfridges with a friend and I was showing her a cleansing oil. The sales assistant told us that for a big bottle it would cost £50. I thought that was a a lot to splurge on a cleanser without trying it out so I asked for a sample of one of them. He then said that there weren't any samples when there were blatantly a handful behind the counter. When I asked him again he rudely handed over ONE tiny sachet. Of course I asked for one for my friend, which he wasn't too pleased about. And then he stormed off to 'help' another customer.

This experience has really put me off going back to that counter again. I mean, c'mon how can someone working in customer services be THAT rude?! Samples are what help draw customers in. It makes it easier for them to decide whether or not they should spend a certain amount of money on something. To be honest I shouldn't even need to ask for a sample, it should be offered as part of the service.

Anyway, sorry for the lengthy rant but I find it quite therapeutic letting out steam through writing (i'll probably cringe when I read this back in a few months).

On a positive note, I have had a good experience with Shu Uemura in the past at other department stores. The guy gave me loads and loads of samples : - ) and yes it did help me decide if I wanted to buy it again.

Sami xx

No comments:

Post a Comment