Wednesday 11 August 2010

With love, from Paris +


So as you know I'm a bit depressed to be back from Paris but what has cheered me up is the lovely things I picked up from Sephora while I was there. This was my first time in Sephora and OMG - it is a beauty addict's wet dream! There were so many lovely things but I limited myself to buying products from brands that weren't available in the UK. Here's what I walked away with....

I seriously would've brought more if the stupid currency rates weren't so high!

1) Sephora Contouring Brush
The first thing that caught my eye was the Sephora brushes - they have a range of hot pink ones that I immediately fell head over heels with! This one is a contouring brush but it's good for highlighting too. The bristles were really soft and I haven't experienced any shedding yet. The only problem is that because it's so long I don't really know where to store it... but I guess that's just part of the design :)

2) Sephora Bath Cube in Vanilla
I haven't tried this yet but I LOVE vanilla and it was only 50 cents so I thought why not.... The Sephora bath and body range is a bit like The Body Shop, they have body butters, bath cream, fragrances, etc in a huge variety of scents.

3) Sephora Body Spray
I picked up a few of these sprays to give as gifts. I think they were about 4 euros, which isn't bad considering the scents are really lovely and last for ages. I wish all perfume would have this travel friendly packaging option as I'm currently lugging a huuuge bottle of D&G around in my handbag!

4) Make Up Forever HD Blush
Okay I don't know much about Make Up Forever, only that a lot of celebs use it and it is extremely hard to get a hold over here, so I played it safe went for the HD Blush. There were about eight different shades ranging from bright pink to warm peach and a helpful guide with images of models wearing each shade so you could get an idea of how it would look like on you! I've used this a few times and the consistency is very smooth and creamy. It also blends like a dream!

5) Sephora Eyeshadow
This cost me nearly 11 euros and it was rubbish! Even with Urban Decay Primer Potion it creased, looked chalky and had near to nothing pigmentation. Urgh - don't buy these, seriously!

A few other things that I lusted over....
Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Omg this scent is amazing - but too expensive to buy over there
Paco Rabanne Lady Million The newly launched women's version of One Million, which I adore

What beauty products would you recommend to get from abroad?

Sami x

5 comments:

  1. true ,, i tried the HD blush at a MUFE counter ,,, i liked it ,, the thing i hate is that it pumps allot of products ,, dont you think .. and you only need a tiny a mount of it for both checks =S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to go to Sephora! why can't they bring one to London :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! On my first time using it I must have pumped a weeks worth of product out!! haha

    And apparently they used to have Sephora in the UK but it closed down... all we have is boring Boots and Chavvy Superdrug now :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sephora! I never come out of there without at least something!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg! am totally jealous of ur goodies now :P espt that brush!

    ReplyDelete