Monday 16 August 2010

MAC Studio Sculpt & MAC Strobe Cream

I've been umming and ahhing over getting MAC Strobe Cream for a while now. Some people absolutely love it while others say it's nothing special, so I wasn't sure if I wanted to splash out £20 on a whole tube. Instead, I got a little sample pot to try out.

Side Note: I have to say makeup samples are a marketing genius... they are also v.helpful to the consumer :- )

Anyhu... I'd seen a lot of makeup artists using the Strobe Cream with MAC Studio Sculpt foundation for photoshoots to create a luminous glowly look. So I mixed the two together and what did I get? I gorgeously glowing dewy face is what!


+
 

=

Sorry about the dodgy lighting... but as you can see my skin has some luminousity, which is usually only achieved by using a highlighter

Alone, Strobe  Cream is a bit... meh. And Studio Sculpt can be quite thick and heavy (I sometimes have to add a bit of moisturiser to make it more wearable during the day). So when I added Strobe Cream the consistency became much silkier and easier to blend.

Anyone else tried this combo out?

Sami x

11 comments:

  1. ooh thanks for the tip! I find studio sculpt to be too thick aswell so need to get me a sample of this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what shade of studio sculpt are you wearing? I am debating b/w getting that and Mac face and body :S

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have both the products but never have I tried mixing this foundation with the Strob cream. Thanks for the tip, will defo keep in mind the next time I reach for my Mac SS foundation :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your skin looks amazing! unfortunately mac liquid foundations and moisturisers break me out.. or i would have tried it out xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous ,,, flawless ,,
    i love the sculpt foundation ,, but the one i have now is too light for me =(
    i want a darker shade =( got so tanned this summer .

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Welldressedbeauty - no probs hun

    @ Get Gawjus - Im NC42 but it's quite dark/orangey for me... Personally, I prefer MAC Face & Body :-)

    @ The Beautifier - let me know how it looks x

    @ Roshas - oh no! What do you use?

    @ FeFe - thank you darling! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, the combination of the two sounds really great! I think I am going to get a sample to because some highlighters tend to make my skin look blotchy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks really gorgeous on you, i love the strobe cream i have never found anything as good for the glow xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks perfect on you babe i love studio sculpt

    ReplyDelete