Wednesday 4 August 2010

All I want for Christmas...

A few weeks ago I went to the Selfridges Christmas press day to get a sneak look at their Xmas collections. Of course, being Selfridges, they didn't disappoint. Here are a few things that I have already included in my wishlist!

The L'Oreal Advent Calendar, £TBC
My eyes nearly popped out of their socket when I saw this. It's packed with mini beauty products from the L'oreal family including Lancome, Shu Uemura and YSL. I really, really, really want this!

Viktor & Rolf Christmas Limited Edition Perfume, 50ml, £75
I love the V&H perfume bottles - they're so glamorous and unique, and this one is no exception - eye candy for sure.

Shu Uemura Customised Manga Lashes, £25
Personalisation is really big right now - everyone wants to be unique! Shu Uemura have taken advantage of this and created a special palette for you to deisgn your own lashes. Personally, I'm not too keen on the whole Manga theme but this would make a great gift.
Benefit Wonderland Set, £44.50
I love seeing what gift sets Benefit will come out with and although this one isn't as exciting as Powderazzi or Celebutante it does include some lovely products like the Bad Gal mascara. 

Bobbi Brown Essential Brush Collection, £160
I am drooling over this luxurious brush set and I'm sure the truly dedicated makeup addicts/artists will be rushing out to get it!

Bobbi Brown Mini Brights Palette, £45
I would looooove to get this as a gift - the colour range is amazing! The only issue I have is that it is tiny in real life - like the size of your palm! So for £45 it's way overpriced. 
....and here's what's not on my wishlist:

Luminess Air Platinum Airbrush System, £295
I know everyone wants to get that perfect airbrushed look that you see in magazines but I don't think this is the best way to go about getting it. It just seems a little tooo vain and tacky for my liking. They also have an Airbrush Tanning Set, which actually seems like a good idea as it eliminates the messy tan application process. (IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN THIS LET ME KNOW AND I'LL GET MORE INFO FOR YOU - I WASN'T TO EXCITED BECAUSE I DON'T REALLY NEED A TAN!)



There were lots of other beauty goodies that haven't been mentioned (including a £3000 giant Chanel No5 perfume bottle!) but these were the things that really stood out to me.

Although I was impressed with the Selfridges Xmas collection I was disappointed by the PR staff, who to me, seemed quite rude! There were moments when I asked a question at least twice and got no reply or acknowledgement.

I work for a niche publication so, even though most PR people are lovely, their are some (usually ones who look after the bigger brands) that have this superiority complex and think that they don't need publicity in our magazines!

Anyway, rant over... let me know what you will be putting on you Xmas wishlist :- )

Sami xx

6 comments:

  1. That BB set is cute but yeah. not impressed with the price when it's so teeny!

    Re: Rude PR staff. Boo! Hiss! Not a good look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! And their job is to generate good publicity! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I want that advent calender so much more exciting than boring chocolate!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg i want the advent calender.. what an amazing idea.. i wonder how much it will cost?? great post xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want it all, lol. Especially the Advent Calender!!! I need that lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys... i'm secretly hoping someone will buy it for me ;-) but I have a feeling it is going to be EXPENSIVE

    ReplyDelete