Wednesday 15 September 2010

What's in my bag??

The LV Speedy (medium size)

I know it's rude to go through a lady's bag but I'm quite nosey... and I love 'What's in my bag' posts so I thought it'd only be fair to do my own :- )

I try to travel light because I hate carrying heavy bags - especially when I'm travelling around London, on the tube or train!

From clockwise left:
Quilted gold makeup bag - got this free with a magazine, although I usually hate magazine freebies, this one caught my eye

Makeup bag - I desperately needed a makeup bag when I was going to Paris and in a rush I grabbed this one from Superdrug... I would prefer a Gucci one though :)

Sweets - I always have sweets or chocolates in my bag... my friends go through my bag because they now I'll have something!

D&G perfume - this is probably the biggest, heaviest thing in my bag but I love it so much that I don't mind lugging it around... I wish they'd release a travel version though

Mobile phones - My Blackberry is a lifesaver - I use it to check emails, Tweet, BB Messenger... it's so addictive! The other phone is just a backup in case my BB dies, which it usually does...

Pen - what kind of journalist would I be if I didn't carry a pen with me?! (I usually have a notebook too, but on this occasion I left it at work)

Keys and Oyster card holder - I'm always losing stuff in my bag and it takes ages to find things (anyone else have that problem?!), so I got this pink, glittery cardholder from Accessorize, hich is pretty hard to miss...

Purse - I got this recently from River Island for my birthday... it's quite Mui Mui/Prada esque non?!

In my makeup bag...
From clockwise left:
Black Khol - My friend brought me this from holiday and it's what I use pretty much everyday for my lower lash line... it's sooo intense and black... maybe it deserves a post of it's own?

Pink Heart USB - I'm not sure where this is from because I got it as a gift but it's sooo cute... and soo me
Origins On the Spot Relief Breast Cancer version - this is a great stress-buster and the scent is so soothing...

Lipstick - I have quite a lot of lipsticks *guilty face* so I try and wear a different one everyday

The Body Shop bronzer - I got this ages ago and use it more for the mirror, although the powder is great to use as a subtle shimmer for the face and neck

Mini D& G The One perfume sample - I got this in Sephora when I went to Paris but I'm not too keen on it...
Bourjois Kabuki Brush - I love this! Kabukis are usually really expensive and super soft. This isn't as soft but for a fiver it really does the job

Paracetamol - I rarely take these but then there are instances when I really need one... usually during the time of month!

YSL Lip Contour - This is like a lipbalm and is great for keeping my lips soft... it's got a rich, creamy consistency so it's almost like a moisturiser

Carmex Cherry lipbalm - This doesn't really moisturise my lips as well as the YSL but it tastes and smells so nice that I just HAD to have it!

Ring - I usually have some random piece of jewellery in my bag 

Other bits and pieces...
Pink iPod - keeps me entertained when I'm commuting

Hand sanitizer - if you use the tube you'll understand why this is a MUST

Picture - this is actually a  broken keyring that I just carry around. This pic is of my cousin and I'll pull it out whenever I need to :- )

Tissues - a had a nose bleed on the train a few months ago and since then my mum's been giving me tissue packets to keep with me in case it happens again... bless her

I also keep my camera in my bag but I can't exactly take a pic of it as I'm using it now... I'm also a magazine JUNKIE and usually have something to read in my bag... And I'm going to get a diary (FiloFax!) to keep me organised too.

Anyway... I hope you enjoyed having a nose around in my bag... and I hope this doesn't turn into an open invite for muggers :-O haha!

I'd love to see what's in everyone elses handbags!

Sami xx

6 comments:

  1. hehe I love such posts too! am drooling over the river island wallet at the moment - it is soo pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post hun! i agree im in love with the wallet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your post!! you're so organised.. i think I may need to re-evaluate the contents of my bag - i literally carry my life!! i love the oyster card holder.. amazing stuff.. i always lose my keys and my oyster.. that would be a godsend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute stuff and so organized =D
    which number is ur perfume 3 ? ,, i smelled one of them ,, and i loved it ,, just cant remember which one it was .

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute...what is the size of your baag? i'm guessing 30 or 35? Also, I thought I'd let you know that I'm having a very exciting giveaway at my blog and I'd like you to be a part of it:)
    Check it out!
    xoxo Aneela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys... i'm a bit of an organisation freak lol...

    @ Feef - the perfume in 3 l'imperatrice from D&G and it is GORGEOUS!!!!

    @ Aneela - its the 30... not too big and not too small :-)

    ReplyDelete