Saturday 11 September 2010

My Nail Varnish Collection

As you can probably tell by all my NOTDs I loooove nail varnish! And I've built up a little collection over the past few months... here's what I've got right now....

Left to right: OPI Coney Island Cotton Candy, OPI Glitzerland, OPI Pinking of You, OPI So Hot it Berns, Bourjois Rose Lounge,  Bourjois Rose Lounge, Barry M Bight Purple, Mint Green, Flamingo Pink and Matt White, Estee Lauder Wild Orchid, Nubar Creme, No7 Matt Top Coat, NARS Adelita, Rimmel Urban Princess, Sleek Nailed Polish, GOSH Golden Brown, LCN no name pink

My Top 5
OPI Pinking of You - a lovely bright candy floss pink that I have been wearing non-stop lately
OPI Glitzerland - another beautiful colour from OPI, this is from the Swiss collection and looks like melted gold on my nails... I don't think I'll ever get fed up of this colour
Barry M Mint Green - I love how obscure and bright this colour is! 
Barry M Pink Flamingo - beautiful two-toned colour that looks amazing in the sunshine
Bourjois Rose Vamp - this is, in my opinion, the perfect pink
I also LOVE Bourjois' Fuchsia Hype but I've lent it to a friend :)

Not really liking...

OPI Coney Island Cotton Candy - the colour is a little blah in my opinion... but maybe it just doesn't mesh with my skintone... Zara from MouldyFruit suggested using it as a top coat to give bright colours a pastel wash so I might try that
 Barry M Matt White - I'd been itching to try white nails for a while but found that the consistency of this was awful... imagine applying Tipex to your nails and you'll get the idea...
Bourjois Rose Lounge - another blah nude that just gave my nails a polished sheen but failed to make any impact 
Rimmel Urban Princess - gorgeous colour but chips a few hours after you apply it
NARS Adelita - again... blah, blah, blah on its on but could be used as a top coat to give a shimmery finish

In terms of brands I really like OPI but find that their nail lacquers are slightly overpriced... but for high street I really like Barry M and Bourjois for colours and quality.

As you can see I tend to avoid blues, greens and darker colours and stick to pinks and neutrals. It's mainly because I have been collecting nail varnishes throughout the summer and so my taste has geared more towards the brighter, girly colours... I'm still on the lookout for the perfect purple so any suggestions would be lovely :- ) 

Sami x

3 comments:

  1. berry m pastel colors look gorgeous <3 especially the mint green one .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Barry m nail paints too! Loving your collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barry M is really popular! I wish they'd do more colours though... getting a bit tired of seeing the same ones :-)

    @Aneela - I'm going to check your blog out... I heart MAC!

    @Leia - I'd love to see your collection... I imagine it's much bigger and better then mine!!

    ReplyDelete