Monday 20 September 2010

Haul Time: MAC and other bits...

So, after a whole one month makeup ban, I decided to treat myself :) and of course what better brand to treat myself with then Mac?! There wasn't anything that caught my eye in their Feline collection so I went for some other bits that I'd been meaning to get for a while... 

Lipsticks
Left to right: MAC lipstick in Show Orchid and Impassioned
Top to bottom: Impassioned and Show Orchid

I've wanted to get Show Orchid for such a long time but it's only available in Pro stores (I don't understand why it's not available in normal stores because it's such a popular colour). As you can see it's a gourgous, bright fuschia that would look great with a LBD. The second lippy I got was Impassioned which initially scared me - but as you can see in the swatch it comes out as a creamy pink that I think would suit just about anyone (probably not my uncle though...) I am addicted to Mac lipsticks, and although I'm sure there are better brands out there I will always go back to them!

      Eye Makeup

        MAC Pigment in Tan
I was torn between the MAC Pigment in Tan and Melon, which are both very similar. In the end I went for Tan because it swatched as a shimmerey beige and Melon was a bit more on the yellow side. Nothing much to say about MAC pigments other then that they have amazing colour payoff, can be messy and come in lots of yummy colours :)

MAC Paint Pot in Groundwork

I originally wanted to get Painterly but it wasn't in store so I went for Groundwork instead. The quality of MAC Paint Pots are amazing because it goes on as a cream and dries as a powder. As you can see by the swatch it doesn't leave any creases and melts into my skin like magic. I use this as a base for eyeshadow and on it's own for a more natural look. Love, love, love it! In fact, I may go back for more :)

Presents!

Laura Mercier Pistashio Body Souffle 
              
Everytime I'd walk past the Laura Mercier counter I'd look longingly at their Pistachio Body Souffle because of thei ntoxicatingly delicious smell. I'ver never been able to justify spending £41 on it (yeah - you heard right - £41!) but then I got it as a present! Yay! This cream is seriously moisturising and the smell (think freshly baked cakes... or any other yummy dessert) stays on your skin for the entire day - I put it to the test the other days and it stayed on for hours. My 9yr old cousin also put some on her arm and reported back, saying that she could still smell it when she went to bed!

Dolce & Gabbana Rose The One

I prefer this sooo much more to the original D&G The One because the floral scent makes it alot more feminine. Two sprays of this last all day, which is another bonus!

The perfect weekend treat

My sundays usually consist of lazing around the house, in front of the TV with some chocolate and a magazine!

As you can see I've been busy spending my wages and lazing about (!) but now that Ramadan is over I have more time (and energy) to do more blog posts. I don't want to do loads of lazy, pointless posts every week just for the sake of posting something, but I will try and do 2/3 good quality, (hopefully) interesting posts from now on. I have a few exciting ones coming up this week!

Sami xx  

8 comments:

  1. great posting! I have MAC groundwork...be sure to close it tight after use. i left it open over a weekend trip and it dried up. I still use it, but its harder to apply.

    I have been meaning to get some new perfume, but i just cant pick any thing. i know i like vanilla based perfumes, but everything else i dont really know what i like.

    I love a good magazine reading. later! ps im having a giveaway! check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely post...i'm in need of a few Mac Lipsticks :) the Laura Mercier Souffle sounds amazing.. would love to buy that.. but it's too expensive and I'm also on a spending ban argh :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely things my favourite is the tan pigment x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colour of the pigment. It's sooo pretty. Can't wait to see how it looks on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Hershleys - Gucci Guilty has a lovely sweet scent - i'd highly recommend it!

    @Roshas - I hate spending bans... but it's worth it when you save all that money!

    @ Houda & Sherin - I love the Tan pigment... :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been wanting to get that paintpot but am skeptical coz I have had painterly before and it creased on the lids :( those lippies are yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have any paintpots but Groundwork looks really nice. I can't believe that body souffle is £41! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Use a primer before you apply the Paint Pot and it will go on like a dream :)

    Laura Mercier products are ridiculously expensive but also ridiculously good ;-)

    x

    ReplyDelete